Monday, August 12, 2013

Beach Babe

I love the simplicity of using paint chip samples.  It gives so much zing with such ease.  This weekend I created a Simple Set with some paint chip samples I had hanging around. 

My brain has been on "beach" all week, so that's what theme I chose for two of my cards. This little vintage seaside sweetie always makes me smile.  I set her on a sea of taupe colored sample chips.


I completed the seaside feeling with the "Oceans of Love" sentiment and some nice seashell designer paper.  The paper has a slight touch of texture, making it an even better background for this lovely lass.

Stamps: Beach Babe and sentiment from Beach Babes plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I am going to enter this card into the following charming challenges:

Drunken Stampers - Beach

One Stop Craft - Pastel Colors

A Creative Romance - Beach Babes

Hope you get to actually have some lovely beach time today!  As to me, still stuck at the office.....daydreaming!

10 comments:

  1. Love it! Man, I think I just threw a bunch of paint sample cards away! This is so fabulous...love the greens for a sea themed card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea using paint sample cards. Really works well on your card. Thanks for joining the fun at Drunken Stampers.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea! I love the ombre effect that you get with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. She is a cutie.

    Thanks for joining our pastels challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely lovely...great use of the paint strip! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! I love it's subtle beauty! Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I need to get some paint strips...your card is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the serene, beachy feel to the card- love the sand colors and then the subtle blue-- brilliant to use the paint chip!Your layout really gives the beautiful image the spotlight! Thanks for joining in all the fun with the Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my what a beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at A Creative Romance. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi hun,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at One Stop Craft Challenge :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like. Why not enter the DT Call? :)

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...